Friday, October 26, 2012

A Teacher's Memories








So many people have asked me how I could teach because it had to be one of the most boring job in the world.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Students are a constant source of laughter.  Here are just a few humor moments that happened to me.

View detailsA high functioning third grade student with autism asked me "Why did Benedict Arnold betray our country?"  I asked, "Would you like for me to bring you some information on it?"  "Yes, please."  The following day I downloaded some information and printed it for the student.  The next day she walked up to me and asked, "Who was Lizzie Borden?"  I said, "You don't need to know about Lizzie Borden.  Go play."  There are only so many questions I am willing to answer.
Student and teacher in a classroom learning about geography
When I was all of 38 years old, a six year old student was walking to her class, stopped in the hallway, looked up at me and said, "I hope I'm as pretty as you when I get old."  I replied, "Well you were doing very well until those last three words."  



Women getting haircut in salonI walked into my first grade class and a student immediately noticed my fresh haircut.  "Did you get a haircut?"  "Yes, I did."  "Well it looks better."  Wonder how bad it looked before.





Staple gun leaving a trail of staplesI taught for a low economic district and we at times received less than premium equipment.  This was the case with my stapler.  The young children certainly couldn't work it, so I stapled all of the papers. One day as I was going desk to desk, stapling papers, a student was watching me push with all my might to make the stapler work.  He said, "Wow, you're really putting some weight on that."

No comments:

Post a Comment